280z E-brake linkage fix+replacement

The E-brake on my Z has never worked properly. Last event I took it to (2010), a link in the e-brake system snapped and has been out ever since. I decided to tackle it along with a sound coming from my clutch/transmission/throw-out bearing (see upcoming post).

Living the Jackstand Life:

Lifted

Stock E-brake components:

IMG_0222

Broken link:

IMG_0223

Replacement bolt:

IMG_0230

Option 1 is basically a spacer that fits over the middle link. Option 1 improves leverage/reduce throw on the stock link set up:

IMG_0225

IMG_0227

Option 2 is a turnbuckle(current set-up) that I picked up from Home Depot with appropriate spacers and bushings to replace the middle link. – Allows for a quick, wide range of adjustment for the amount of throw you want in your e-brake.

IMG_0228

The set up bolts in with the correct bushings/spacers:

IMG_0231

IMG_0233

The E-brake can now be fully locked at 2 clicks or it can be set up to lock at 5 clicks. Stay tuned for the clutch write-up soon.

IMG_0259

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s